Monday, March 27, 2017

New Pieces by Barbara Moody


Old School, OK
23"x18" Collage

Barbara says, I wanted to tell a story through this collage. My grandfather was a "Normal School" teacher in the early years of the last century. He traveled around Oklahoma to one room schools teaching singing and music, and participating and teaching at singing conventions in Oklahoma and Texas. I need to make this collage part of a series. Grandpop went on to become Superintendent of Tillman County Schools in OK, and then on to the Oklahoma Legislature in the '40s. He was quite a character, and through this work, I feel like I have had a nice visit with him. 




"School Boys"
4"x4" Collage
My father is the ornery boy on the right, with his brother, in front of the one room school where my Grandmother was the teacher.