Friday, January 21, 2022

Welcome Back, Jane Schafer




I am so honored and proud to be a member of ArtVisions Gallery and Studio.

I started painting 10 years ago playing with paint (watercolor), then mixed media and acrylics.  What was once a pastime has now turned into a passion painting daily and learning all I can from workshops, books, and YouTube.  I still love watercolor but am learning to  love acrylics as well.  I would consider myself a representational impressionist, far from being abstract or photo realistic.  While my style is continually evolving as I grow as an artist, I like to use color in new and unexpected ways.  My choice of subject matter is best stated "I paint what interests me" with the goal of expressing with paint the joy I feel as I observe nature and my surroundings be it either people, animals, landscapes or cityscapes.

Please visit my website www.JaneSchafer.com or follow me on Instagram.